Life Lessons Part-1




so the other day I came across a post on Reedit titled 50 life lessons from an 80 year old, and I thought it would be fun to share my thoughts on each of these points with you. This is probably going to be part one of a three part series because there's just so many points to cover. Other than that let's jump right into it. 1 Don’t expect life to be fair. It was biased and it will be. I absolutely agree with this. If you think about it - life is sort of like a video game. Normally, when you start a new game you usually get to pick the difficulty mode. Easy, normal, medium, hard. You get the point. Unfortunately for the game of life - you can't pick what difficulty mode you start out with, you'rekind of just thrown into it, but this doesn't mean that you can't play better than the other guys. In fact you have the advantage of gaining significantly more respect from others, and also more appreciation from yourself - if you manage to play the game of life on harder extreme difficulty and still do well. Nobody respects the person who just cruised by uneasy mode. Not even themselves. 2 Remember 80% of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people. Yep - Most of the time people don't promoter hire based on who can do the best job. They promote and hire the people that Cando a very good job but are also likable.

Because these are people that they will potentially be spending time with every single day. I don't want to hire or promote you even if you would do a better job if it meant that my life would become 25% more stressful. I just don't want to deal with that. Learn how to become likable – it's one of the most important skills out there. 3 Wave at the children on the school bus. I think a more modern version for this one would be to say hello to people wherever you go. We live in a time where more and more people feel lonely, but that's because we've gotten into the bad habit of closing ourselves up from those around us. Say hello, be the first to step outside and greet your neighbor because we're all human and we're all in this game called life together. The more interactions you have with the people around you the more you'll feel connected with the world. This can be the source of a lot fulfilling relationships, a lot of memorable experiences, and ultimately lot of joy. 4 Compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home. If you think about it a cooked meal is one of the most unique gifts that someone can give you. When I cook something for you. I’m feeding you. I'm helping you live another day. I've paid for all the ingredients. I’ve taken time out of my day to make this thing for you. And it's not like other forms of creation such as songs which can be given to a lot of people. If I cooked a meal for you – it is only for you. Complimenting my cooking is a great way to show your appreciation for this thing that I created for you. For the kindness I'm sending your way. 5 Count your blessings. Yeah, it's pretty darn important to have some sort of gratitude habit. Life can seem tough and pretty dark if you focus on the negatives. So every once in a while – even better – every once a day you should allow yourself to focus on the good.

Because there is good out there. Good things have happened to each and every single one of you. And they will continue to happen. It doesn't matter how big or small these things are, heck one of the things I've been writing down is my love for the amazing soup my hotel serves for breakfast. Spend some time focusing on the good everyday because if you choose to only focus on the bad you will lose hope. And without hope you will have no motivation to do anything. 6 Marry only for love. I recently watched a video about divorce lawyers and one of them said that getting married is like playing the lottery. You're probably going to lose but if you win that's great. Of course this varies from country to country– but in the US where we have a divorce rate of over 50% - I don't think getting married is the smartest move. If you really love each other just live together. 7 Become someone’s hero. More importantly you need to collect heroic moments. Which is a concept that I definitely need to cover in a future video. It's incredibly important to have heroic moments that you can add to your memory bank. These are moments that will serve as reminders that you can look back on for the rest of your life. Behaving heroic moments you can say to yourself. Yeah! I am a good person – because I helped that old lady carry her groceries up those stairs that one time. I am courageous – because spoke up to that bully the last time he was trying to pick on that kid. I don't give-up – because of a b and c. You get the point. Gathering heroic moments like these will allow you to choose and meld your identity into one that you can be proud of. 8 Make someone’s day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you. This is pretty specific. I think a better phrasing for this would be to do random acts of kindness every once in a while. Studies have found that by doing good deeds such as community service can boost your levels of happiness by about 10-15% which is quite a lot. Give food to the homeless.

Post a Comment

0 Comments